PURPOSE of POSITION:
The DevOps Engineer, Senior is responsible to compile, build, stage and deploy software within the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). The DevOps Engineer, Senior contributes to the DevOps automatation and executes deployments and releases from a Developer's workstation through development and test cycles up to production. The DevOps Engineer, Senior contributes to problem resolution as part of troubleshooting efforts and works as a team member on a cross-disciplinary teams that is part of a wider DevOps community. The DevOps Engineer, Senior demonstrates the initiative to evolve knowledge and skills where necessary to utilize current tools and any emerging tools for Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, automated testing and release management. The DevOps Engineer, Senior looks for opportunities to continuously improve their understanding of existing DevOps processes, tooling and build pipelines in a relentless effort to ensure the most efficient execution of all tasks and processes, with an overall objective of completing delivery release cycles within or ahead of schedule.
The DevOps Engineer, Senior is responsible to perform analysis, design and implement solutions, installations, upgrades, configurations, administrations, and tuning of CI/CD pipeline applications and tools. The DevOps Engineer, Senior collaborates and provides technical recommendations, solutions and design approaches to the Architecture and Engineering teams for software development products such as Jenkins, Git, etc. The DevOps Engineer, Senior automates software deployment processes by releasing incremental updates and developing automation tools. The DevOps Engineer, Senior creates stable CI/CD pipelines by continuously improving the infrastructure and software de to be easily deployable and scalable. The DevOps Engineer, Senior maintains advanced knowledge of agile methodology, development processes, and programming languages. The DevOps Engineer, Senior requires moderate skill sets and developing proficiency within discipline. The DevOps Engineer conducts tasks and assignments as directed. The DevOps Engineer, Senior works under moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgment.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Perform daily DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD). Compiles, builds and deploys activities utilizing CI/CD software management and development tooling (Jenkins, Git, Maven, etc)
2. Develops the automation of jobs/scripts using Ansible and Jenkins.
3. Automation testing and standardization of automation best practices.
4. Troubleshoots, communicates and resolves issues during processing. Provides off hour urgent code deployment support as needed.
5. Develops, maintains and peer reviews all necessary DevOps CI/CD documentation
Related Work Experience: 6-8 years
-Well versed in Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration
- Solid understanding of Linux/Unix and Solaris based OS
- Strong understanding and experience with Ansible and Jenkins.
- Exposure to infrastructure configuration management (provisioning, service configuration orchestration,
-Hands-on experience with the following suite products:
- Ansible Playbooks
- CJE / Jenkins/Nexus
- Git / GitHub/Maven
- Bash and Python scripting
- Scripting: ant, shell, perl and Python
- Docker containers
- RHEL/Linux, Unix and Solaris based OS
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Ability to meet timelines and urgent requests
-Ability to read and follow documentation and provide feedback
-Solid knowledge of SQL, compilation of source code into packages used for deployment and previous
employment with a US Federal Government datacenter and solid understanding of DEV-OPS.
Experience with Jira and Confluence is a plus.
SCOPE of POSITION:
This position is an individual contributor and has no supervisory responsibilities. Provides functional expertise through day-to-day work tasks. Works under the supervision of management
This job posting is for a frequent, high volume or contingent requirement and may remain open continuously.