FTI is seeking a full time Senior Reliability Engineer with technical experience in the defense industry working with NAVSEA 03R/05R for evaluating, coordinating, performing, and interfacing with systems and logistics engineers to support systems engineering activities related to Reliability, Availability, Maintainability-Cost (RAM-C), using Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) principles and digital engineering processes. The candidate will collaborate daily with a geographically dispersed Government/Contractor development team and customers across multiple domains in a rapidly evolving, dynamic environment to define and interpret RAM requirements, conduct supportability analysis, and verify/validate RAM-C modeling and simulation against fleet metrics as an integral part of providing lifecycle management of the systems and subsystems.
- Develops, reviews, and integrates RAM-C requirements with product or performance specifications across the MBPS Program
- Provides supportability analysis, design interface, and RAM-C analysis to strike an optimal balance between the quantitative design characteristics of systems engineering, product-support resource requirements, and Total Ownership Cost (TOC)
- Performs modeling and simulation to produce readiness at cost models, and makes updates based on system design changes that affect availability and TOC
- Performs scenario-based drills, such as system procurement/sustainment profile analysis, back fit/forward fit economic impact/Business Case Analyses (BCAs), system upgrades impact on availability and TOC, and system scalability parameter analysis
- Ensures robust application of industry and DoD best practices and processes in RAM-C, Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), Systems Engineering, digital engineering, and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution assessments in support of the Digital Thread/Twin
- Uses FRACAS to collect operational field data on equipment for preventive and corrective maintenance
- Analyzes data using reliability tools and software such as WQS, Windchill, Teamcenter, etc., to identify dominant failure modes, and conduct analysis and research for possible corrective actions
- Integrates RAM-C data to WQS to perform Prediction Analysis and Modeling Simulations, with data comprised of Reliability, Maintainability, FMECA, LTA, LCC, Weibull and RCM Analysis to optimizes Spares, Life Cycle Cost Estimations, and Reliability Prediction Analysis to determine root causes of deficiencies using industry standard practices
- Develops, maintain, and conduct analysis using Reliability Block Diagrams
- Supports the development, review, and updates of RAM related MS documentation (e.g., SOW, Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP), CDRLs, Systems Engineering Plans (SEP), RAM-C, etc.)
- Creates prototypes and conduct product tests to gather reliability data; interprets test results and recommends solutions using appropriate statistical distributions and reliability models.
- Actively participates in Lean-Agile ceremonies and Agile Product Delivery process.
- U.S. citizenship and active DoD Secret Clearance is required
- Bachelor's degree (or international equivalent) in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field and 6+ years of relevant experience on programs/projects supporting the Department of Defense
- Solid understanding of DoD Systems Engineering Process and RAM-C Discipline
- Solid understanding of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM Lvl I and Lvl II)
- Knowledge of tools such as OPUS, WQS/WRR, Windchill, Raptor, ReliaSoft, and Teamcenter
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and decision-making skills
- Understanding of Lean-Agile mindset, systems engineering and product and solution management principles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to successfully lead and/or collaborate with internal and external customers
- Supports a culture of continuous learning
- Working knowledge of DoD and NAVSEA policies, processes, and procedures
- Must be able to travel – up to 25%
- Understanding of business challenges and opportunities driven by technology, Digital Transformation, and regulations unique to the Defense industry highly desired
FTI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, protected Veteran status or any other factor protected by law.